Magnets consist of iron, cobalt, nickel and other atoms. The internal structure of the atoms is quite special, and they have magnetic moments themselves. Magnets can generate magnetic fields and have the characteristics of attracting ferromagnetic materials such as iron, nickel, cobalt and other metals.
Different magnets have different uses.
Classification of magnets:
Shape magnets: block magnet, arc magnet, special magnet, cylindrical magnet, ring magnet, disc magnet, bar magnet, magnet frame magnet.
Attribute magnets: samarium cobalt magnet, neodymium magnet (strong magnet), ferrite magnet, aluminium nickel cobalt magnet, ferrochromium cobalt magnet.
Industry magnets: magnetic components, motor magnet, rubber magnet, plastic magnet and so on.
Magnets are divided into permanent magnets and soft magnets. Permanent magnets are added with strong magnets, so that the spin of magnetic materials and the angular momentum of electrons are arranged in a fixed direction, while soft magnets are added with electricity. (It’s also a way to add magnetism) If the soft iron is removed by the equal current, it will gradually lose its magnetism.
Use of different types of magnets:
1. Nd-Fe-B permanent magnet is a modern magnet with strong magnetism and is widely used.
It is mainly used in electroacoustics, permanent magnet motors, communications, automotive electronics, magnetic machinery, aerospace, computers, household appliances, medical devices, office automation, toys, packaging boxes, leather products, magnetic accessories, and other fields.
2. Permanent magnet ferrites are used as constant magnets in meters, generators, telephones, loudspeakers, TV sets and microwave devices. They are also used in recorders, pickups, loudspeakers, magnetic cores of various instruments, radar, communication, navigation, telemetry, and other electronic devices.
3. Samarium-cobalt magnets have been widely used in detectors, generators, radar, instrumentation, and other precision science and technology fields because of their high working temperature of 300 degrees, corrosion resistance and oxidation resistance.
4. Aluminum-nickel-cobalt magnets are heat-resistant and corrosion-resistant. They are mainly used in motors, sensors, medical instruments, hand tools, loudspeakers, and various instruments.
5. Rubber coated magnets are different and heterosexual, and their homosexual attraction is weak. They are mainly used for propaganda (refrigerator stickers, car stickers, etc.), decorative gifts, refrigerator stickers, toys, teaching materials, etc. Heterosexual magnets can be used in small motors, sensors, magnetic adsorbents, etc.
Understanding the use of different magnets is very important for enterprises. Making full use of the characteristics of different magnets can better improve product performance.